Comprising 6 monthly interactive workshops, Animating Aistear uses the Sustained Shared Thinking and Emotional Well Being Scales (SSTEWS) as a framework for supporting educators to understand their role in assessing and planning for children’s learning, development, and emotional wellbeing.
Throughout Animating Aistear, the Early Years Mentors provide one-to-one mentoring and coaching support to assist participants to set and accomplish goals and embed new learning into practice.
The Animating Aistear interactive workshops introduce and explore the following areas:
- Introduction to Animating Aistear
- What is Mentoring for Early Years Educators
- Building trust, confidence, and independence
- Supporting learning and critical thinking
- Assessing learning for Learning and Planning
- Use of a range of Assessment Tools in Early Years practice
Participants attend group training sessions and receive individual mentoring in their setting.
We know from research that there is a significant link between effective leadership in early years settings and the quality of provision.
Managers and/or senior practitioners in our partner settings.