Nurturing Relationships and Interactions
Comprising 6 monthly interactive workshops and follow-up on site mentoring, Nurturing Relationships and Interactions is the communication and relationships component of SFL.
This programme is delivered by our Speech and Language Therapist and explores how the educator can nurture responsive and reciprocal relationships. Participants will learn how to use everyday conversations, play and daily routines to promote the communication and social development of all children, including those with language difficulties and those who are second language learners. Nurturing Relationships and Interactions is grounded in the concepts of the evidenced based programme Hanen Learning Language and Loving It ™. Learning Language and Loving it™ is an evidence-based programme which provides early years educators with strategies to help all children build oral language, early literacy and social skills.
The Nurturing Relationships and Interactions workshops introduce and explore the following areas:
- What is typical communication development from birth – 6 years of age
- How to identify children’s conversational styles and the role teachers play in interactions.
- How to implement six steps to following the child’s lead: Observe, Wait and Listen, Be Face to Face, Imitate, Interpret, Comment, and Join in and Play
- How to help children become better conversation partners by using appropriate questions, comments, and turn-taking cues.
- How to use five important steps to ensure that no child is left out of the interaction during group activities.
Early Years Programme Coordinator
Phone: 087-921-5435 Email: email@example.com
Senior Speech and Language Therapist
Phone: 087-177-5964 Email: Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Mentor
Phone: 0877384037 Email: email@example.com